While our aeronautical products include legacy and classic Inmarsat services, as well as maritime terminals from Honeywell/EMS Satcom and Cobham, we largely offer SwiftBroadband through Cobham terminals.
SwiftBroadband provides a high-quality voice channel with the full functionality of land-based fixed phone services and a generic SMS service. For backward compatibility, it also provides a circuit-switched ISDN service.
- Standard IP data – currently up to two channels per aircraft: Up to 432kbps per channel over a high-gain antenna, and up to 332kbps over an intermediate gain antenna
- IP data streaming on demand at 32, 64, 128kbps, which can be combined for higher rates
- Simultaneous voice and high-speed data: Packet data (TCP/IP) and ISDN, and Circuit-switched voice and VoIP
- Standalone or simultaneous operation with Inmarsat’s Aero H/H+ and Swift 64services. It is also GPRS and UMTS compatible, compliant with ARINC 781
- Support for high-assurance applications, including NATO secret and NSA Type-1 encryption systems providing remote mobile access to classified networks – STU-III/IIb, STE, KIV-7, Brent and HAIPE devices including KG-175 TACLANE, KG-235 Sectéra, KG-250 Altasec, subject to verification testing