Managed Mobile Services
Our offering of Land, Maritime and Aeronautical managed mobile services include a suite of robust custom mobile satellite solutions and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products, that public sector and commercial customers can trust to meet a variety of communication needs.
Inmarsat Government Managed Mobile Services provide BGAN, FleetBroadband and SwiftBroadband services within our secure network infrastructure and offer government users and our partners the ability to transport sensitive information over classified and unclassified networks, corporate networks, other BGAN terminals and Inmarsat Government VSAT locations.
- Internet Access
- Static IP Addresses
- Private VoIP
- Optimization, Compression and Acceleration
- Standard and Streaming Data
- Dual Voice and Data Capabilities
- Short Message Service (SMS)
Our Managed BGAN, a mobile satellite services-based concept allows a global IP address over BGAN with private backhaul, and it never touches the commercial Internet. The service is offered via our BGAN Secure Terrestrial AccessSM (BSTASM).
Our Managed BGAN is connected to Inmarsat Government’s privately owned, fully redundant, secure MPLS terrestrial backbone, which features high-capacity circuits. It also includes direct connect to Inmarsat’s core BGAN network and facilities, Managed RADIUS access and IP addressing, and enables hybrid BGAN/VSAT service.
All Managed BGAN customers will receive near real-time reporting on usage and trouble tickets, as well as 24/7/365 support from our own U.S.-based NOSC, meeting the requirements for facility clearance. Further, quality of service is maintained via the Inmarsat Government Global Management System dashboard.
Benefits of Managed BGAN (BSTA) include:
- Private access point; all customers’ traffic travels on a secure network, never touching the public Internet
- Single Point of Contact for BGAN service and terminal support
- BGAN Information Assurance
- End-to-end IP network monitoring and support
- High-level executive dashboard of BGAN usage allows customers to make critical, data-driven decisions
- Increased end-to-end Quality of Service (QoS)